This privacy notice has been prepared by The Events Room Ltd to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
The Events Room Ltd is committed to protecting your data and your privacy. Our privacy notice sets out why and how we collect, handle and store your data.
Why do we process data?
The purpose of processing your data includes:
- to store your registration details.
- to process your payments.
- maintaining your records.
- to communicate with you for all matters relevant to your interaction with The Events Room.
- to meet our compliance and regulatory obligations.
- dealing with complaints.
The legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information
We will only use your personal information when we have a lawful basis for doing so. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- where you have consented to, following an opt-in.
- where there is a contract with you and a need to process your personal data to comply with obligations under the contract.
What we collect
When registering with The Events Room Ltd you will be provided with the opportunity to read our privacy notice.
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Records of your interactions with us, for example orders, enquiries or questions that you may ask us.
- A record of your booking activity.
What we do with it
We collect information about you to process your registration and if you agree, to contact you about further events and other services; such as passing your address and contact details to a courier to enable them to deliver goods to you.
The Events Room Ltd will not share your information for marketing purposes. Access to your personal data is only provided to our staff when it is being processed.
The Events Room Ltd will retain your personal data until you tell us otherwise.
Detailed guidance on all of the rights you have with regard to the personal data that we hold and process about you is available on the ICO website here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
If you wish to contact us at any time to request the information that we hold for you or to make changes to your details, you can do this by contacting us.
How we transfer your personal information outside Europe
We do not store or transfer your personal data outside Europe.
Automated decisions we take about you
We do not make automated decisions using this information.
If you have opted to receive marketing communications from us, we will send you information about our forthcoming events and other services.
- If you sign up to our email newsletter, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to ‘Campaign Monitor’ who provide us with email marketing services. We consider Campaign Monitor to be a third-party data processor. The email address that you submit will not be stored within our website’s own database, or in any of our internal computer systems.
- Your email address will remain within Campaign Monitor’s database for as long as we continue to use Campaign Monitor’s services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any or our email newsletters that we send you or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email (email@example.com), please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to within the mailing list.
- While your email address remains within the Campaign Monitor database, you will receive periodic emails from us informing you of new events, changes to our policies and Christmas greetings (approximately 6-8 times per year).
Events Room Ltd are committed to ensuring the information we hold for you is secure. We have put in place the appropriate electronic and physical measures to safeguard your information.
Links to other websites
The Events Room Ltd website may contain links to other websites which may be of interest to you. Once you click on these links you will leave our website and we have no control over the other websites, or the privacy of any information that you may subsequently provide whilst visiting those websites.
Changes to our privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under review and we will place any updates on our website.
How to contact us?
Please contact us if you have any questions about this notice or the ways in which we use your personal information by using our contact form.